Find an Energy Pro
Not sure where to spend your home energy improvement dollars for the biggest bang for your buck? Consult with a professional.
A professional home energy audit can help you:
- Understand critical factors that contribute to inefficiencies and excessive energy use.
- Identify low cost and no-cost strategies to reduce energy use, as well as more comprehensive recommendations for home improvements.
- When purchasing to identify an energy-efficient home that will be comfortable and cost less to live in.
Find a professional energy rater:
For an investment of $75 to $750, consider a professional energy rating of your home.
- ENERGY STAR® Raters
National database of home energy raters.
- RESNET Home Energy Raters
A national network of professional energy raters, mortgage companies, real estate brokerages, builders, appraisers and utilities.
Home buying is complex enough without having to know all the details of energy-efficient construction.
Learn more about ENERGY STAR Homes:
- What Makes a Home ENERGY STAR Qualified?
- Texas Building Energy Codes
- Building Energy Efficient New Homes
- Take a Tour Behind the Walls
Find a professional builder:
Build the house of your dreams knowing that it also meets strict energy efficiency guidelines.